Friday 27 January 2012

Weight Watchers Vegetarian Nachos with Guacamole



I worked my portion out as 12 PP see note at bottom of recipe
Ingredients
1 large red capsicum (pepper), finely chopped
35g packet salt-reduced taco seasoning mix
400g can unsalted red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
400g can crushed tomatoes
1 small avocado, stone removed
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 tbs lime juice
150g low-fat oven-baked corn chips
2/3cup (80g) Weight Watchers Grated Tasty Cheese

Method
Heat a large oil-sprayed non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add seasoning and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add beans, tomatoes and ½ cup (125ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Meanwhile, roughly mash avocado in a bowl. Add tomato, onion, chilli and juice. Stir to combine and then set aside.
Preheat grill. Divide corn chips into flameproof serving bowls. Cover with bean mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Grill until the cheese melts. Top with guacamole and serve immediately.
Serving suggestion: Add a 0 POINTS value green salad. Dress with 2 teaspoons each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and allow 1 ProPoints value per serve.
TIP: Finely chop a few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves and stir through your guacamole for more zesty flavour.


Important note! 
I used the Taco shells for my portion they worked out as 2 for 5 pp much better than the nacho's I got for 7 per 50g, I didn't use the ww cheese, just normal low fat cheese I also added mince to the recipe after I took out my portion so if you do that adjust the PP 

Link to you tube instructions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmq4dCAktXw

4 comments:

  1. I like the look of this recipe, will definitely try it, though it may be just me eating it *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be surprised they went down very well with my lot! they wanted more LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh found ww nachos crisps in Supperquinn so using them tonight and using extra lean mince hmmm yummy can not wait!

    ReplyDelete